Thursday 28 April 2011

I'm Back, and Cosplay Updates


Heeeey!!!

So sorry I didn't update for a while, I was staying with my Grandma and Grandpa on The Isle of Sheepy! I had a really nice time and I spent all of Monday and a bit of Tuesday sewing my Renge cosplay which I am proud to say is now almost finished!!! XDDDD
I was surprised how easy zips and gathers really were, but I certainly couldn't have done it without my Grandma's help.
I attempted to write a blog post but I really didn't have time. And I could barely keep on top of DA updates alone >-<


Just a preview picture, as I still haven't finished with the wig, which is when you'll get to see the entire dress!
It would also seem that I have a phony prince to stroll around with on Sunday, which makes me very happy! So there'll be lots of pictures popping up on my DeviantART after wards!


On Tuesday afternoon I went out shopping with my Nan. It was originally for sandals, but I really need to go to Camden to find the type of shoes I like *coughcoughmary-janescoughcough*. I did get a really cute white cotton vest top with eyelet lace and ruffles on the bottom, it's covered in little red roses! I luff eet! I also got some very nifty black and white pin stripe shorts for £4 from Scope! They're a size 12, so a little big, but if I move the buttons across they should fit perfectly!
(Random: I'm currently laughing at my sister as she has a mental break down because she can't log into Facebook!! Looool!)

Before I came home on Wednesday we went to the beach for about 5 minutes, my grandparents don't like the beach much anymore because they've lived by it for so long, and it was really windy out and slightly cold. But it was lovely to be able to smell the salt in the air and throw a few stones into the churning waves! I miss going to the beach a lot. Since we got Link we haven't been able to go down to see grandparents as much...


It might look very grey, but on sunny days it certainly isn't as nice, and it's also way busier and there are loads of chavs in their area so it was nice having it to ourselves!

Whilst I was away I finished 3 books!!! Well, two books and a volume of manga! ^-^
I'd already got quite a way into 'Mort' by Terry Pratchett and only had a little bit to finish, so I read that on Sunday afternoon in about 30 minutes! I really loved the ending, and I can't help thinking that Death is my favorite character!
Albert's pretty hilarious as well. I think it'd be cool to cosplay from one of the Discworld novels one day! Next I'd like to read 'Equal Rights' and 'The Hogfather'. I've seen the movie adaptation that Sky did of it and I really loved the story! Susan was my favorite character, with her blond and black split hair and her awesome 'whatever' attitude towards demons and demigods! Lol!

Next I read 'Yumekei Kenbun, Nightmare Inspector', I'm really not sure if I'll continue with this manga, I love the art style, but all it really is, is a collection of short stories, which can be a bit confusing, because they're not very clear. I may try and find it online so I can see whether I like the story enough before I go buying anymore volumes! Hopefully the story will get a bit better?
If any of you guys have read would you mind telling me what you thought of it, and whether it changes in later volumes? I'd really like to continue this series but if it stays like the I'm not so sure.



After that I finished 'The Toymaker' bu Jeremy De Quidt, the cover art suggests something very different to the rest of the story, and it really wasn't what I was expecting at all. I thought it would be a Victorian era London affair. With sinister, dark streets. Handsome brave men and frail and gorgeous heroins. But no, I won't spoil it for you, but it's still dark and sinister, more German than English. Especially in the names of the characters Koenig and Doctor Lieter being two of the more German sounding names. 
Really this whole story was really a surprise, as I totally wasn't suspecting the rather depressing and tragic ending either.

I'm proud to say that I've had a productive week as a whole! ^-^ I did a mock exam today, my first taste of what exams are like went pretty well I thought. And now I know what to expect I should do a whole lot better in the actual test!!!


As for more cosplay news (if you didn't catch my last post), I have now finished my dark Alice cosplay, which I will be wearing on the Friday of May EXPO.
And this morning the kunai holster and shuriken pouch arrived for my Deidara cosplay! Which means that if you aren't counting contacts my Sakura cosplay is now finished also!!! I'm going to see if my sister can help me with taking some photographs over the weekend! XDDD


It's really not long until my exams now, or EXPO. I'm getting really excited, I can't wait!
I hope you all have a lovely weekend, and enjoy the day off tomorrow! This woman on my road has organised a street party to celebrate the wedding of the balding prince and the once upon a time chav! *Le sigh*

x x x x
Chiru
x x x x

0 comments:

Post a Comment