Monday 21 February 2011

Lolita Meme

I found this on Miss Caro-chan's blog; F Yeah Lolita and it looked fun seeing as I love tags and such, and I thought I'd give it a go! Hope you like it!

1. Best Lolita fashion advice you've ever received?
I haven't really received any advice seeing as I don't talk to other lolitas that much, I've had to pick it up on my own, but one of the best things I've learned from blogs like Lolita Charm and F Yeah Lolita is not to over complicate your outfit with shit loads of different layers or colours. Keep it elegant and simple and you're on the road to success! ^-~

2. Style icons?
Wow, well, I don't really have any. Before I discovered lolita - and now - I've never really cared for celebrities or models. But if I had to choose I'd saaaaaay...

Kanon Wakeshima
I love the songs of hers that I've heard, and I find her voice very haunting and beautiful. The fairytale yet sinister themes in her songs are so striking and strange...
Emilie Autumn

Not exactly lolita, but you can see where she gets her inspiration from ^-^, again, an amazing female singer with a very unusual way of going about controlling her voice! My favorite songs of hers are 'Gothic Lolita' and 'Opheliac' (who think 'Opheliac' describes Grell from Kuroshitsuji perfectly??? xP XDDD)

3. Describe your personal style.
I don't really have one yet, at least not one of the physical plane. I have a partially formed, hard to explain picture of it in my head. I think classic lolita is where I feel most comfortable, but I could also feel comfortable wearing punk, gothic and Ouji-sama (or Kodona) styles as well. I cosplay as guys a lot because of my height so I feel very comfortable wearing boys clothes no matter how costume like they may appear to be. As for gothic and punk, I live and have grown up in London, I was an attempted - and failing - goth for about 2 years before giving up on it. And now a lot of my clothes are punk-ish purely by accident O.o
Vintage and floral prints on any type of clothing draw my eye and I would love to own more of them <3
I also adore the totally adorable and crazy styles of decora and fairy-kei, mostly for the hair accessories and kawaii cutsews! So I'm a weird mixture!

4. Favorite designers/brands?
Oh wow, I own no burando T.T... BUT!!! I would like to own at least a bag or hairbow from a brand, not sure which though ^-^. I am sadly inexperienced when it comes to brand, as I don't believe it's the brand that makes the lolita, sure it helps you look richer and more experienced, but it's the ruffles, the shape, the shoe style, the ringlets and the hairbows that make the style, not the label on the inside that no one is going to see. If I had to choose a brand I suppose I'd say Innocent World, the pale colour scheme of their clothes is very peaceful and sophisticated ^-^

5. Most cherished items?
As far as I can see, my most cherished item will be my dark blue, "school lolita" Lolita Show dress when it arrives in the post (hopefully this week), but out of the ones I have, probably my Bodyline high wasted skirt! It's a creamy colour, and it has large pale blue roses on it ^-^ I've only worn it twice, but I feel like such a princess when I wear it! XD It's just so grand <3

6. Most used item?
My petti of course xP No, lol! It's my purple tartan skirt from Bodyline, it's very punk lolita ish and goes with a lot of my pre lolita clothes (which I have in abundance seeing as I don't really have a loli wardrobe yet >_>''''), very versatile XD

7. I feel best wearing?
What sort of question is that? O.o Lol! Well, whatever I wanna wear, whether it's lolita or not XD

8. The first thing I look for in another Lolita's outfit...
What other lolita's -.-
I guess I would look at the over all thing, then probably their hair, shoes or the print (if there is one) on the skirt, JKS or dress?

9. Lolita Fashion rule you never break?
I don't wear lolita enough to have broken any rules, but I have shamelessly worn my purple tartan skirt without a petti once or twice >_<''''''

10. Never caught wearing?
Again, I haven't worn lolita enough to really answer this :/ but most likely ero lolita! I feel very uncomfortable in short skirts as it is, I'd never leave my bedroom (let alone my house) in ero lolita stuff. Especially seeing as the general public has many misconceptions about lolita to begin with o.o

11. Dress to impress who?
Myself of course! And other than that, I have no idea... I wear the clothes I want to wear because I love them, not because I want my friends to see me in them. But the days I wear things may be influenced by their presence xP

12. Your next "must have" purchase?
THIS DRESS!!!!


13. Favorite type of head accessory?
Hairbows! I recently just made a huge head eating blue one for my dark Alice (in Wonderland) cosplay, and I love the look of it on my head <3 XDDD
Bonnets are adorable as well, but I have NO WHERE to wear one, lol!

14. Favorite cut of clothing (shirring, high waist, princess seams etc)?
Um, high waisted skirts are pretty, and shirring is really nice if it's in a concentrated area, say underneath corset lacing on the front of a JSK or something?

15. Current obsession?
Sailor collars <3 adorable and interesting!!! XD

16. Best Lolita fashion advice you can give to anyone:
Don't dress for anyone but yourself, and remember no one should make you feel like you don't deserve to wear lolita or be a lolita. Brand isn't everything, and don't clutter yourself with lots of colours or prints! <3

Love you guys!!!
Please feel free to do this meme as well!!!! BYEZ!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment